Choose to Live Your Life to its Fullest Potential
Eat smart, exercise regularly, and get routine health screenings. Be an active participant in managing your health. Start leading a healthy lifestyle.
Exercise & Fitness
Get the latest physical activity guidelines, exercises for seniors, and more on physical fitness.
- Physical Activity for Everyone (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Find physical activity guidelines for children, adults, and seniors. Learn how to add exercise to your life. Learn about measuring the intensity of your workout. View videos. Then get started!
- Exercise and Physical Fitness en español (MedlinePlus®)
Get the basics, health check tools, tutorials, the latest news and more.
- Exercise for Older Adults (NIHSeniorHealth.gov)
Put safety first before beginning an exercise routine. Read how to do strength, balance, stretching and endurance exercises.
Diet, Nutrition & Eating Right
Get the latest dietary guidelines, explore MyPyramid.gov, and learn the basics of eating healthy. Your body needs the right vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to stay healthy.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans (U.S. Department of Agriculture & HHS)
Get advice on how good dietary habits can promote health and reduce risk for major chronic diseases (2 years to adult).
MyPyramid.gov (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
Create a personalized eating plan and use interactive tools to assess food choices.
- Eat Healthy
Learn the basics, the benefits, and take action.
- Nutrition.gov (U.S. Department of Agriculture & HHS)
Find easy-to-read information on food and nutrition.
Learn about weight loss and obesity, smoking and tobacco, drinking and alcohol, and injury and accident prevention. Avoiding or stopping risky behavior will help you get healthy and stay healthy.
Weight Loss & Obesity
- What are Overweight and Obesity?en español (National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, NIH)
Learn about causes, risks, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
- Healthy Weight – It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle! (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Read about balancing calories, preventing weight gain, losing weight, healthy eating, physical activity, and get tips for parents to help prevent childhood obesity.
Smoking & Tobacco
- Smokefree.gov (National Cancer Institute, NIH)
Get accurate information and professional assistance to help you stop smoking and stay quit.
- Smoking and Tobacco Use (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Watch podcasts and learn about the health effects of smoking and secondhand smoke.
- Secondhand Smoke: What It Means to You (PDF - 11.6MB) (The Surgeon General)
Learn why secondhand smoke is so harmful and what you can do to prevent exposure to this kind of smoke.
Drinking and Alcohol
- Make a Difference: Talk to Your Child about Alcohol (National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)
Get tips on talking to your child or teen about alcohol, how to host a teen party, how to help your child resist peer pressure to drink, warnings signs of a drinking problem, and an action checklist.
- Alcohol - Frequently Asked Questions (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Read about drinking levels, excessive alcohol use, drinking problems, and more.
Injury & Accident Prevention
- Injury, Violence & Safety (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Read about preventing injury and violence, how to stay safe at home, school and work, safety on-the-go, and safety at play.
- Safety & Prevention (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, CDC)
Explore an alphabetical list of workplace safety topics with links leading to in-depth information.
Many vaccines are routinely recommended for most people, including polio, mumps, measles, rubella, and tetanus vaccines. Other vaccines are recommended for people based on their age, health, or specific circumstances.
Learn which tests you need to monitor your health. Get a checklist to take with you to your next healthcare practitioner visit.
The Environment and Your Health
Stay aware of where you are and exposure to disease or injury. Learn about safety and prevention in your workplace, home, and other places.
- Environmental Health (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Extensive list of links for health issues in your surroundings.
- Bisphenol A (BPA)
General information for parents.
- Toxic Substances Portal (Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry)
Get information on over 150 toxic substances and see how they affect our health.
- Public Health Assessments (Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry)
Find reports on contaminants in your area.
- Human Health (Environmental Protection Agency)
Learn about water, fish, wildlife and swimming advisories, children’s health and school environments, exposure to pollutants, pesticides on food, risk assessment, health effects of chemicals, occupational health, sun protection, and toxicity assessments.